Mr. Lewis has practiced law in New York since 1969. He is the past president of the Dutchess County Bar Association and a former trustee of Marist College.
He has lectured widely on tax certiorari issues, and is the author of:
- “School Tax Refunds – The Not-So-Sleeping Giant,” Journal of the New York State School Board Association, March 1976
- Contributing Author, of “Review and Reduction of Real Property Assessment in New York,” update to Chapter Eight
- “Special Valuation Problems” 1999
- Contributing Author: Supplement to “Review and Reduction of Real Property Assessment in New York,” Third Edition, New York State Bar Association, 2000
- Co-Author of “Municipalization of Electric Properties,” Talk of the Towns & Topics (July/Aug. 2002)
Litigation; Tax Certiorari Law; Construction Law; Surety Law.
Marist College (B.A.), cum laude, 1964; New York University (J.D.), 1968
1969, New York; 1971, U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit; 1986, U.S. Supreme Court.
Professional Activities and Associations:
Confidential Law Clerk, Office of the Corporation Counsel, New York City, 1968-1969
Trustee, Marist College, 1971-1991
Commissioner, Poughkeepsie Historic Districts, 1974-1980
Hearing Officer, New York State Education Department, 1982-1994
Dutchess County (President, 1992-1993)
New York State (Member: Tax Certiorari Law Section) and American (Member: Labor and Employment Law Section) Bar Associations
New York State Association of School Attorneys
President of The Jewish Federation of Dutchess County, 2012-2014
Baker Street Irregulars (Member), 1998-present