Mr. Greer worked as a hod carrier, mason, and fork lift driver prior to becoming a lawyer, and has been representing the construction industry and business community as an advisor and litigator for over 30 years.
Trial and Appellate Litigation in State and Federal Courts; Alternative Dispute Resolution before the American Arbitration Association and other ADR Forums; Construction Law; Business and Commercial Law; Labor and Employment Law.
1985, New York; 1986, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit; 1987, U.S. District Court, Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of New York; 1991, U.S. District Court, Western District of New York; 1998, U.S. Court of Federal Claims; 2003, United States Supreme Court.
State University of New York at Albany (B.A.), Magna CumLaude, 1981; Albany Law School of Union University (J.D.), 1984
Professional Activities and Associations
- Super Lawyer Upstate New York, Construction Litigation, 2015-present;
- American Arbitration Association National Roster of Neutrals for Construction and Commercial Disputes, 2007-present;
- Dutchess County Economic Development Corporation, Business Development Committee, 2014-present;
- Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce, Co-Chair Employer Resource Committee, 2014-present;
- Marist College Red Fox Club, Board of Directors, 2014-present;
- Co-Author: “New York Mechanics’ Lien and Construction Claims,” Lorman Education Services, March 1998;
- Special Counsel to New York State Assemblyman Stephen Saland, Minority Leader Codes Committee, 1985-1990;
- Special Counsel to New York State Senator Stephen Saland, 1991-1992;
- Director, Family Services of Dutchess County, 1988-1993; Family Services, Inc., Advisory Council, 1993-2000;
- Director, Catharine Street Community Center, 2001-2007, 2008-2014.
- Dutchess County Bar Association (Judicial Review Committee);
- New York State Bar Association (Member: Commercial and Federal Litigation Section, Executive Committee; Dispute Resolution Section);
- American Bar Association (Member: Construction Industry Forum; Litigation Section; Tort, Trial & Insurance Practice Section).